Saturday, September 17, 2011

Riddle 03


She held me for a while, in a way that I could feel her heartbeat. Dun dun, dun dun, dun dun. Of course I also felt something much more interesting to the teenage mind. I thought about coping a feel, but decided against it. She had complete control over me after all, pissing her off would not be the wisest thing to do. Time passed, and after a while I had gotten annoyed at my 'master'. Then she started snoring. I rolled my eyes in exasperation. I then decided to do something incredibly daring/stupid. A poke, to be precise, in a rather awkward place. I whispered into her ear.

"Oi, time to wake up."



She stirred, looked around a bit, then looked down at my hand. She raised her head, a upward eyebrow plastered on her face. I gave a weak grin.

"I thought it might wake you up quicker?"

I didn't think that my excuse would work, and I cringed in expectation of a blow. To my immense shock, she just softly moved my hand away and shook her head as if to wake herself up faster. When it became obvious that I wasn't going to get hurt, I decided to inquire.

"Why?" nothing else really needed to be said. She got up and started pacing.

"Because it was my fault that I fell asleep, you had full rights to do that." Something seemed to be troubling her.

"And if you weren't asleep?"

"Then I doubt you would be able to ask that question." She was serious.

"Noted... But why did you fall asleep in my arms?"

"Well... It's because I had spent all last night and most of the school day cramming for the chess game."

At least she had the grace to look sheepish.

My mouth dropped slightly. She had cheated!

"But then how did you know that I played chess and that I would play a game with you?"

"I have my sources..." She didn't say anything more, and I could tell that she wasn't going to.

I looked out at the window, and almost fell to the floor at the sight. It was dark out!

"What time is it?" she checked her watch.

"11:07 pm, why?" I cursed.

"because my mom locks the door at 10:15, and she goes berserk if I break into my house."

Cheri nodded in sympathy.

"Well it doesn't matter anyway, after all you're staying here from now on."

While I did raise my eyebrows, I didn't object. As though surprised at my lack of outburst, Cheri asked me a question.

"Do you need to get anything from your house?"

"No. I keep everything I need in my bag."

I motioned to said bag, a black man pu- SATCHEL.

"In that case there isn't a probably is there?"

I shook my head.

"Only where I'm going to sleep, you got a couch or something?"

"No, all I got is this bed." I whipped my head in her direction to see her lying in bed.

"What!"

"You heard me, just hurry up."

I walked over to the bed and lay down in the bed next to her.

"By the way, if you fall asleep...?"

"Don't even think about it..."

I smirked, then we drifted off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment